1 Cup of plant based milk ( I used almond milk)
2/3 Raw caster sugar
2 Tablespoon of corn starch (aka corn flour not corn meal)
1/3 Passion fruit juice- To make this just strain 3-6 passion fruit. Separate the passion fruit seeds that can dried on paper towel to later plant in the garden.
1/3 Cup Pure Dragon fruit. To make dragon fruit puree blend 1 dragon fruit. I used red dragon fruit for this one. Late season Columbian supreme red dragon fruit.
- Get your dragon fruit puree and passion fruit juice mixed together and place close to your stove ready too add into to your saucepan when the time is right.
- Bring milk to a simmer in a small Saucepan. If you can use a saucepan with a heavy bottom it will help with the bottom not burning your mix.
- Melt in the sugar into your heated milk. Wisk until dissolved simmer do not boil.
- Add in corn starch corn flower, Wisk well so there are no lumps and bumps in your mix. You want a nice smooth consistency.
- Add the puree dragon fruit and passion fruit juice gradually mixing as you go. This whole process only takes less than 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring until mixture thickens.
- Pour dragon fruit and passion fruit curd into sterilized jars and leave to cool before storing in the refrigerator.
Uses for dragon fruit and passion fruit curd-
Buttered onto toast
Dragon fruit layer in trifle
On top of pancakes and crepes
Dragon fruit tarts
And so much more
This dragon fruit and passion fruit curd recipe produces about 2 cups
Dragon fruit and passion fruit curd filling inside a berry tart.