Lactose Free Cheese Cake Recipe
- 200 g digestive biscuits or arrowroot biscuits
- 85 g nutelex
- 2 satchels of Gelatine powder
- 2 small red/ purple dragon fruit or 1 large.
- 500 g lactose free cream cheese, softened (recomend Philadelphia)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
Dragon Fruit Jelly Topping
- ½ cup water (125ml)
- 2 satchels gelatine
- Your choice of jelly for the topping, we liked watermelon aeroplane jelly the best
- 1 large dragon fruit or 2 small.
Line a spring baking tin with baking paper.
Blitz the biscuits / cookies in a blender to crumbs.
Add nuttelex and mix well. Tip the crumbs into the baking tin and use a glass to press down firmly all over the base.
Put the biscuit base in the fridge to harden.
Cheese cake filling:
In a medium bowl, beat the dragon fruit, caster sugar and cream cheese until there are no lumps. you can use an electric mixer or manually blend.
- In a separate bowl dissolve 2 satchels of gelatine into 100ml of boiling water. Once all crystals have dissolved top up with 200ml of ice cold water.
- Add the gelatin to cheese filling mixture a little at a time.
- Pour the mixture over your biscuit base.
- Return to the fridge for a couple of hours to harden
- Blend your dragon fruit into a pulp.
- In a separate bowl make your jelly use minimal water (100g water) to dissolve your jelly crystals and 1 satchel of gelatine
- Once dissolved top up with 400mls of cold water and your dragon fruit pulp
- Pour over your cheese cake and return to the fridge
Refrigerate for 2-3 hrs then enjoy.