Moringa oleifera- Drumstick Tree - Moringa - Tree of life.
A very fast-growing tree.
Grows 5-10m but keeps pruned to 2m.
Can be grown in large pots.
Self Pollinating you will only need 1 plant to fruit.
Partly Deciduous will lose some leaves in winter and the amount will also depend on your climate.
This is a very easy plant to grow. It has so many uses and health benefits.
1. You can eat leaves, roots, seed pods, seeds and flowers.
2. Leaves use as green on wraps, juices, stir fry or curries
3. Decorate and enhance a salad or use as a garnish
4. Green seed pods chop like beans to add to stews, curries and stir-fries. They have a nutty asparagus flavour.
5. Roots can be used similarly to horseradish.
6. If you add seeds to dirty water they collect any loose particles helping to purify the quality of the water.
As this plant is grown from seedlings you should expect fruit in 2-3 Years during February, March, April, May, and June.
Good Drainage and regular watering.
All items are posted on a Monday Express post, with Australia Post. If Monday is a public holiday they will be sent the Tuesday or the following Monday depending on the destination. We aim to deliver healthy and happy plants :)